Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WWII trench lighter.

As you can see I look for a lot of different items. I love anything old and unusual.

I decided one day in May to get out and go to a few yard sales. I bought a few things here and there but found nothing to brag about. I was ready to go home for the day when I came across another yard sale still going on. I decided to check it out, after looking around I didn't see much I was interested in. An older gentleman came out of the house and spoke to me, he ask what I was looking for, I told him older stuff. He took me over to a corner that had some items laying on a blanket on the ground, he reach over and handed me this item, I didn't know what it was, I ask him, he told me it was a WWII trench lighter, in working condition, he said it's what the men used to light their fires or cigarettes in the war. He told me it belonged to his father.
I ask how much he wanted for it, he ask if I would give him a dollar. I didn't know much about the value of it, but I knew it was worth more than $1.00. I ask was he sure that was all he wanted, and he said yes, he hope I enjoyed my purchase.

I decided to keep this one, as I never seen one like it anywhere. I have shown it to some of my friends and of course they have tried to buy it from me.

I think this one is a keeper.

2 comments:

Night Owl Mama said...

wow that is cool!

pehpot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.